Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Radio: Feb 3rd, 2015 w/ Moonlit & Ameeba

 Ghetto Styles show on Bassoradio has its 5th anniversary this spring.
It's a long way to come, especially since the show has never maintained a simple continuous structure. From 9-hour-freestyle-mega-shows to one-man 2-hour-dj-sets. Interviews, special themes, or just good music chosen freely.
 It all started with underground hiphop. We took it back to that for three special episodes last fall. Since that I've personally felt that a story from my side has been told and a new book is to be written. That feeling is strongly pulling me somewhere else, maybe not only music-wise, I'm not sure. To write a book that has nothing to do with the previous one. Or perhaps during this whole time, that I've been playing songs on the radio, maintaining a record store, organizing events; I have been writing a book about other people's books, not writing a story of my own life. Thus I think I could give more from my soul and life's work by putting more, eventually all, of my resources into making music.

 Excuse me for that train of thought, not the easiest things to understand maybe, but those feelings are what lead me to play this sort of set on the radio last night. I haven't been on the radio for a few months and I wasn't sure how I felt about going back there anymore, exactly because of that feeling that one large book is finished and I don't fully know yet what the new one should be about.

Still, last night was great fun, like always. I played the first hour, Ameeba the second. Iwere and DJTT were there to hang too.
 5 years is a long time. I don't know if we ever made any significance to the world. Not a lot of feedback ever comes from these shows or anything. But it all felt like the right thing to do. And I'm not saying it's over, I'm just saying, thinking out-loud. Like anyone gave a damn, hahah! Okay just listen to the damn show. :D

Moonlit:
Ryuichi Sakamoto & Alva Noto ft. Roger Robinson: Iano
Andy Stott: How It Was
W: Open Water
Running: Drug Senegal
Cooper K: Hollow Tips (Pour Slow)
Vatican Shadow: Snipers As A Breed Tend To Be Superstitious
Space Ghost Purpp: Mystikal Maze
Moonlit: Butcha
Leon Vynehall: St. Sinclair
Positive K & LG: A Good Combination [Kankick Remix]
Champloo: Never Change Part 2
Jeremiah Jae ft. Oliver The 2nd: Survival
Mount Kimbie ft. King Krule: You Took Your Time [Oneman remix ft. Jeremiah Jae]
Psymun: Talk 2 Me [slyslolove remix]
Redman: Funkorama

Ameeba:
Tattoo (Moonlit): Bathroom Mirror
Markis Precise ft. The Grouch: Forever & Always
View: Avalon
Michael Black Electro: Necrospiritual [Mussic remix]
ediT: Ants
Snootie Wild ft. K Camp: Made Me
Space Explorers: The Message
Contra Band ft. Devin The Dude: Electronic World
Drip-133 ft. Bine: Ychloheel
How To Destory Angels: A Drowning [Inertia Remix]
Trae The Truth: Not My Time
Paperi T: Resnais, Beefheart & Aalto
Wake Up People: Discipline
Jhene Aiko: WTH
Reino Nordin: Tuu Mun Luo

Download or don't download, here's the link again (Mega)

No comments:

Post a Comment